BestFind.com.au provides factual information in relation to financial products. While
attempts to make a wide range of products and providers available, it may not cover all the
to you. Moreover, we cannot be responsible for changes made to this information by product
inaccurate information obtained from a product provider. All product information comes from the
provider or publicly available information and to the best of our knowledge is correct at time
The information published on BestFind.com.au is general in nature only and does not consider
objectives, financial situation or particular needs and is not recommending any particular
product to you. If you
decide to apply for a product you will be dealing directly with that provider and not with
BestFind.com.au recommends that you read the relevant PDS or offer documentation before taking
Compare 100s of home loans
Did you know you can compare 100s of mortgages? Review, calculate interest rate repayments, apply online and save by visiting our main home loans comparison page.
Compare and review HSBC home loans
Looking to finance a new home? When comparing HSBC home loans, there are other key facts to consider and understand, other than just HSBC’s interest rates.
What home loan options does HSBC offer?
HSBC has 3 home loan products:
- HSBC Home Value Investment Loan
- HSBC Home Value Home Loan
- HSBC Home Equity Investment Loan
View the above table for detailed product information and a comparison of the interest rates, fees and features.
You can also review and compare HSBC personal loans, HSBC car loan and HSBC credit cards.
Do you have a HSBC home loans calculator?
Yes. Use the filter to adjust your loan amount and term to calculate your approximate monthly repayments. When you apply the filter, you will see a breakdown of your approximate monthly repayments as well as the total amount of interest and fees paid.
For a more accurate quote, contact HSBC directly.
How to apply for a HSBC home loan?
If you’d like to apply online for a HSBC home loan, just scroll up and click on “Learn more” to be taken to HSBC’s secure online application form. Before you apply, be sure to learn about HSBC’s loan products, fees and eligibility criteria. Give yourself around 30-60 minutes to complete the home loan application.
HSBC’s home loan eligibility criteria
Before you apply for a home loan, be sure to understand and meet the HSBC’s lending criteria. Below is high-level overview of HSBC’s criteria:
HSBC’s minimum requirements for a home loan
- Minimum age of 18
- You have a decent credit history
- You’re a permanent Australian resident or valid work visa holder (457 or other diplomatic visas)
- Regular source of income
- A sufficient deposit
Financial Information you’ll need to provide
Whether at the HSBC branch or online, you will need to show your finances in order for the bank to establish your home loan borrowing capacity:
- Proof of income, at least 3 months of payslips and/or rental income (if applicable)
- Tax returns not older than 18 months and an ATO Notice of assessment Personal
- Proof of ID (Driver License or ID card) passport, contact information and address
- A list of your expenses, assets and liabilities (such as other loans or credit cards)
- Any equity or deposit or existing property you already own to support and secure your loan
Have rental income?
If you also have rental income, please provide one of the following:
- A formal signed lease (either current or new)
- Most recent rental statement
- Rental credits to your account for the past 3 months
If you’re self-employed, you will also need to provide:
- Financial statements for the last year (no older than 18 months)
- Your most recent personal/business tax return (no older than 18 months)
Other things to keeping mind when applying
- Approval time can take up to two weeks.
- It’s advantageous to have a good credit history. For example, you have no recent defaults and no frequent requests for credit
- Credit cards with large credit limits are viewed as liabilities, even if there’s nothing owing. If you have existing liabilities, be certain you can pay them off and close unnecessary credit cards
There are many additional factors HSBC consider when accessing your application, but the above are the most important. If you feel like you may not meet their eligibility criteria, it may be best to save a little while longer!
Additional HSBC home loan information
HSBC’s minimum and maximum home loan amounts and terms
How much can you borrow? Between $50,000 and $7,500,000, over terms between 1 year and 30 years. Use our filter as a repayment calculator to see your estimated monthly repayments and rates.
HSBC allow weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayment.
Extra repayment or early penalties
HSBC allows you to make additional or early repayments. There are fees associated with completely repaying your loan off early. View their terms and conditions to learn more about early termination.
If you want to refinance your home loan and you’re not with HSBC, you will need to provide:
- Mortgage statements for the last 3 months
- A current payout quote for any loans you plan to refinance, including all current fees and charges and any early repayment costs or exit fees
Details about your property purchase or construction
You’ll need to provide HSBC with some information about the property you’re buying or building. This may be required before HSBC can finalise your mortgage offer.
If you’re buying:
- Signed Contract of Sale
- Copy of Transfer of Land
- Proof of Property Insurance
If you’re building:
- Council approved building plans, specifications or Building Permit
- Fixed Price Builders Contract
Please bring any documents that can provide information about your current insurance policies, including:
- Home and contents insurance
- Investment property insurance
- Income protection
- Life insurance
- Total and permanent disablement cover
- Trauma cover