Liberty personal loans – Fund your worthwhile purpose
According to the lender, Liberty personal loans are free-thinking loans. This progressive approach is reflected in the personalised rates that are based on your individual circumstances. Additionally, you can access funds via a fast online application process that simplifies borrowing to a new level.
Here are some interesting facts about Liberty: Liberty showed up on the scene in 1997 offering specialty finance services that centered on personalised attention. Today, the financial institution offers products, such as home loans, commercial loans, and business loans. It says it has helped more than 600,000 customers with funds worth over $28B.
Next up, here’s what you need to know about Liberty personal loans.
Liberty personal loans at a glance
- Loan amounts. Between $5,000 and $50,000
- Loan terms. 3,5, or 7 years
- Interest rate type. Fixed rate
- Pros. Competitive rates from as low as 6.45%
- Cons. You must borrow at least $5,000, which is inconvenient when you only want to cover smaller expenses. Additionally, there’s no redraw facility.
- Uses. All worthwhile purposes, such as debt consolidation, home renovations/furnishings, weddings, tax debt, travel, and educational expenses.
- Best for. Liberty offers personalised interest rates, so any eligible borrower with a good credit rating and a clean credit score will get lower rates.
The fixed rate personal loan from Liberty
In a nutshell, you can get the fixed rate unsecured personal loan from Liberty from 6.49%. This interest is payable on the outstanding balance only. You can also borrow between $5,000 and $50,000 payable over 3,5, or 7 years.
A closer look at features of Liberty personal loans
- Personalised interest rates. Liberty personal loan rates range from 6.45% to 26.99%. The exact rate for you depends on the risk band you fall into. Generally, the lowest rates belong to borrowers with an impeccable credit history, a high credit score, and a proven track record.
- Fixed rates. That means you get the security of fixed repayments that stay the same over the loan’s life. Therefore, it’s easier to budget and you never have to worry about rate increases.
- Additional repayments. You can make extra repayments on top of your minimum repayments whenever you want to chip away at your debt faster.
- Flexible repayment options. Weekly, fortnightly, and monthly repayment options allow you to tailor your loan to your income flow.
- Fees and charges. Liberty is one of the few lenders that charge fewer fees. The loan does not have ongoing fees, early repayment fees, an early termination fee, or a discharge fee. However, depending on the risk you pose, you may have to pay a steep establishment fee, which is capped at $950.
Free thinking car loans from Liberty
If you want to finance your next set of wheels, you can take out a secured Liberty car loan, instead. Liberty car loans come with the following features:
- You can borrow $5,000 up to $100,000 (or $35,000 if you’re below 23 years of age).
- Loan terms are 2, 5, or 7 years.
- Variable interest rates from 6.49% (or 6.19% if it’s Liberty Business).
- Range of car loans for new or used cars (Liberty Financial accepts older vehicles up to 20 years old). You can opt for a Liberty Drive car loan or a Liberty Business car loan.
- Can be used to buy a car, caravan, boat, or motorcycle.
- Low doc options are also available. These are handy for self-employed individuals or anyone who doesn’t want the hassle of paperwork.
- Fees and charges include an application fee (varies), a monthly fee of $7.70, and a discharge fee of $125.
- Other features include balloon payments, car loan protections, as well as the option to make weekly, fortnightly, or monthly repayments.
To qualify for a Liberty Financial personal loan, you must be:
- An individual and at least 18 years old
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Currently employed
- Earning more than $20,000 per year
- Be borrowing mainly for personal or personal investment purposes.
- Not currently in collections or have outstanding defaults, court judgements, writs, or bankruptcies
- Not paying off more than three active payday loans
- Able to provide tax returns and proof that you have been trading for at least 2 years if self-employed.
How to apply for a Liberty Financial loan
Click the “Go to Site” button for Liberty personal loans in the table above. All applications are 100% online and can be completed in 10 minutes. Before you apply, you have to get your personalised rate. It only takes 2 minutes and won’t affect your credit score in any way.
To get this rate estimate, enter your personal, financial, and contact details, together with details about the loan you want, your address, and your ID. It’s also best to use our Liberty personal loan calculator to find a rate estimate that ensures you’re on the same page with your budget.
Once your loan is approved and you accept the offer by 3 pm, Liberty says you will get the funds on the same day.
Popular personal loans searches
View all search queries