BestFind.com.au provides factual information in relation to financial products. While
attempts to make a wide range of products and providers available, it may not cover all the
to you. Moreover, we cannot be responsible for changes made to this information by product
inaccurate information obtained from a product provider. All product information comes from the
provider or publicly available information and to the best of our knowledge is correct at time
The information published on BestFind.com.au is general in nature only and does not consider
objectives, financial situation or particular needs and is not recommending any particular
product to you. If you
decide to apply for a product you will be dealing directly with that provider and not with
BestFind.com.au recommends that you read the relevant PDS or offer documentation before taking
Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 6 months and 10 years. Comparison
interest rates vary between 6.55% and 20.89% p.a. Total interest repayments vary between
$1,387 and $4,165 over the life of the loan. *Comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan
of $10,000 for a term of 3 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the
examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan
amounts might result in a different comparison rate. These rates can change without further
notice. All rates quoted are per annum. For more information regarding fees click on "View
fees & additional info +" for each product or contact the provider.
What type of loan are you looking for?
IVF loans – Grow your family with fertility treatments
In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) and fertility treatments can breathe life into your dreams of having a baby. However, the massive costs involved and poor health coverage might dash your hopes and those of many would-be parents. Fortunately, IVF loans can help.
What’s an IVF loan, and how does it help?
IVF loans are a type of medical loan designed to pay for IVF treatments. This is necessary because the cost of getting pregnant via IVF in Australia can be quite heavy-handed. For instance, you can expect to pay as much as $15,000 for a single IVF cycle. Factor in multiple cycles and stunted health insurance coverage, and you find most Australian couples and would-be parents unable to meet the out of pocket expenses associated with their greatest wish.
IVF loans can, therefore, be the perfect solution that covers the costs of:
- Ovulation induction
- IVF cycles
- Frozen embryo transfer
- ICSI cycles
- Other fertility treatments and medication
Generally, medical personal loans can be used for anything. If the situation demands it, your IVF loan can also pay for all other related expenses, such as appointments with a fertility specialist and counselling services. Australian lenders offer loan amounts of up to $50,000 for unsecured debt and repayment terms of up to 5 or 7 years.
What are the available IVF loan types?
- Unsecured personal loans. You won’t have to put up your asset or valuable property as collateral. But you may have to pay a higher interest rate. On the other hand, having good or excellent credit can score you the best available rates.
- Specialised IVF financing. You may also receive IVF finance from fertility clinics or specialist lenders. They typically offer financial products tailored to IVF procedures and other medical treatments.
- IVF loans for bad credit. Most lenders offset their risk by only approving borrowers with a strong credit rating for unsecured personal loans. Therefore, if your credit score isn’t as squeaky clean, you might want to apply for a secured personal loan or a joint application loan.
- Credit cards. Because of low credit limits, a credit card is only useful when covering smaller payments. The leading advice is to apply for a credit card with initial interest-free payments. Therefore, any debt that’s borrowed and repaid within this period saves you money. But be aware of expiry dates to avoid the high interest rates often associated with credit cards.
How to apply online for an IVF loan
You can apply for a personal loan for fertility treatments through BestFind. You’ll find all the tools you need to compare available options, including our IVF loan calculator. While shopping around, it’s essential to consider factors like interest rates, fees, and charges, and whether the offer has flexible features.
Once you have a suitable option for your budget and needs, click the “Go to Site” button. The minimum qualifications for applying state that you must be an Australian resident who is at least 18 years.
You may also be required to provide:
- Identification – driver’s licence or other valid ID
- Payslips and bank statements
- Contact details
- Employment details
- Details of your assets, expenses, and liabilities
Keep in mind that lending criteria vary depending on the finance provider.
Popular personal loans searches
View all search queries