BestFind.com.au provides factual information in relation to financial products. While
attempts to make a wide range of products and providers available, it may not cover all the
to you. Moreover, we cannot be responsible for changes made to this information by product
inaccurate information obtained from a product provider. All product information comes from the
provider or publicly available information and to the best of our knowledge is correct at time
The information published on BestFind.com.au is general in nature only and does not consider
objectives, financial situation or particular needs and is not recommending any particular
product to you. If you
decide to apply for a product you will be dealing directly with that provider and not with
BestFind.com.au recommends that you read the relevant PDS or offer documentation before taking
Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 6 months and 10 years. Comparison
interest rates vary between 6.55% and 20.89% p.a. Total interest repayments vary between
$1,387 and $4,165 over the life of the loan. *Comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan
of $10,000 for a term of 3 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the
examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan
amounts might result in a different comparison rate. These rates can change without further
notice. All rates quoted are per annum. For more information regarding fees click on "View
fees & additional info +" for each product or contact the provider.
What type of loan are you looking for?
P&N Bank personal loans – Apply & become a shareholder
P&N Bank derives its name from its parent company – Police and Nurses Limited. This lender offers financial products such as credit cards, home loans, car loans, and personal loans.
The bank’s personal loans, which we’re shining the spotlight on, are handy for things like buying a car, booking a holiday, and debt consolidation. If you’re considering this lender, keep in mind that P&N isn’t like your regular big-name financial institution.
Because it uses a mutual or non-profit model, it’s more likely to offer flexible and affordable products. Check out the details for P&N personal loans below to see what suits your needs.
P&N Bank personal loans at a glance
- Loan amounts – From $5,000
- Loan terms – Between 2 and 5 years
- Interest rate type – Variable rate
- Pros – Quick and easy online application. P&N Bank generally responds within minutes.
- Cons – You have to pay a $199 establishment fee.
- Best for – Residents of Western Australia since there are no P&N Bank branches outside Western Australia.
Types of loans offered by P&N Bank
- Unsecured personal loans. This is a no-security option that has a higher rate than the secured option.
- Secured personal loans. The funds you receive will be secured against your motor vehicle. You can use them to satisfy a wide range of needs and wants, such as debt consolidation or a holiday.
- Car loans. The car you use as security has to be less than 7 years old. Read more about P&N Bank car loans if you’re planning to finance a car purchase.
A closer look at P&N Bank personal loan features
- Repayment frequency. You have three options for paying off your debt – weekly, fortnightly, or monthly. Our P&N Bank personal loan calculator is available if you wish to estimate your repayments.
- Extra repayments. P&N Bank allows you to make unlimited repayments, on top of your regular minimum repayments. There’s no extra repayment fee.
- Redraw facility. This is a feature that allows you to withdraw your additional repayments.
- Flexible loan options. You can borrow a minimum of $5,000 over terms of 2 to 5 years.
- No early payoff penalties. When those extra repayments keep adding up, it means you can clear your debt early, which reduces borrowing costs.
- Fees and charges. You pay an establishment fee of $199 and a monthly fee of $10. Other fees may also apply, for instance, a late payment fee and a goods security admin fee.
Here’s a checklist to help you determine if you qualify for a P&N Bank personal loan:
- Either be a resident of Western Australia or an existing P&N Bank member.
- Be an individual and at least 18 years of age
- Be a permanent Australian citizen
- Have a regular income
While you’re at it, make sure you have the following info all gathered up:
- Income details
- Expense details, for instance, general living expenses, including rent.
- Asset information such as the value of any cars, deposit accounts, or properties that you own.
- Information about your liabilities, for instance, debts like credit cards or store cards.
- Two forms of identification, for instance, Medicare, driver’s licence, or passport.
- If you’re an existing member, you’ll also need your P&N member number.
How to apply online
You can apply for a P&N Bank personal loan online, over the phone, or by visiting the nearest local branch. However, the quickest way is online, and the easiest way to do so is to scroll up to BestFind’s product table above and click “Go to Site.”
Once you are on the lender’s page, all it takes is 10-15 minutes to fill in the form with your details and send your application through. P&N says they’ll respond within one business day.
If you’re a new customer, you automatically become a member once your application is approved. From there, you receive your contract online – sign it, send it back, and the money will be on its way to your bank account.
Popular personal loans searches
View all search queries