BestFind.com.au provides factual information in relation to financial products. While
attempts to make a wide range of products and providers available, it may not cover all the
to you. Moreover, we cannot be responsible for changes made to this information by product
inaccurate information obtained from a product provider. All product information comes from the
provider or publicly available information and to the best of our knowledge is correct at time
The information published on BestFind.com.au is general in nature only and does not consider
objectives, financial situation or particular needs and is not recommending any particular
product to you. If you
decide to apply for a product you will be dealing directly with that provider and not with
BestFind.com.au recommends that you read the relevant PDS or offer documentation before taking
Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 6 months and 10 years. Comparison
interest rates vary between 6.55% and 20.89% p.a. Total interest repayments vary between
$1,387 and $4,165 over the life of the loan. *Comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan
of $10,000 for a term of 3 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the
examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan
amounts might result in a different comparison rate. These rates can change without further
notice. All rates quoted are per annum. For more information regarding fees click on "View
fees & additional info +" for each product or contact the provider.
Need help choosing the right loan?
Get a multi award-winning personal loans broker, to help select the right loan
Australia-wide personal loans completed online or via the telephone (no need
for any face-to-face meetings).
Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm AESTs
An account manager will contact you within 3 hours of your enquiry.
Call 1300 884 355
What type of loan are you looking for?
HSBC personal loans – Finance a wide range of plans
HSBC Bank Australia is a principal member of the HSBC Group. The bank’s name forms the initials of its founding member: The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation. Although HSBC has been around since 1865, their personal loans are fully adapted to meet various 21st-century finance needs. Before applying here are a few things to know about HSBC personal loans.
Quick summary of HSBC personal loans
- Minimum loan amount: $5,000
- Maximum loan amount. $50,000
- Loan terms: 1 – 5 years
- Interest rate: From 8.50%
- Interest rate type: Fixed
- Comparison rate: 9.06%
- Security type: Unsecured
Here’s what’s best
- Fast online application and quick response. Applying for a personal loan takes less than 10 minutes, and you get a response within 60 seconds.
- Soft credit checks. You can prequalify and find out the rate you’re eligible for based on your Equifax score band. This is different from a hard enquiry and will not harm your credit score.
- Competitive fixed interest rate. Though theirs is not the lowest rate on the market, HSBC still offers a competitive deal that gets better if your credit file is in good order. A fixed rate provides peace of mind from monthly payments that never change.
- Extra repayments allowed. You can close your HSBC personal loan account early by making extra repayments via BPay or any HSBC branch.
Here are the downsides
- Application and monthly fee. HSBC charges a $150 establishment fee together with a $5 monthly servicing fee.
- Early repayment penalties may apply. You won’t be able to withdraw extra repayments you make at any later date.
- No redraw facility. There’s a $199 early termination fee. This penalty is avoidable only if you close your account when your loan has less than six months left.
Features of HSBC personal loans in Australia
- Online application
- Set monthly repayments
- No security required
- Receive funds within 2-3 business days after approval
- Repayments made via direct debit
- Personal loan statements available through internet banking
Rates and fees for HSBC personal loans
There are a few things to know when it comes to how much your HSBC loan will cost. First, you’ll get an interest rate that’s between 8.5% p.a. and 16.99% p.a. depending on your Equifax score band. You should also budget for the $150 establishment fee and the $5 ongoing monthly fee.
However, keep in mind that rates are subject to change and other fees may apply, which then affects your monthly repayments. Therefore, it’s important to vet your contract, so you’re aware of the total cost of the loan.
What you can use the loan for
HSBC personal loans manage to cater to the common financial needs of everyday Aussies. The funds are available in the following forms:
- Car loan. Slide into the driver’s seat much more quickly with a new or used car loan from HSBC. Because of the prequalify feature, you can go car shopping with a confident spring in your step.
- Holiday loan. Sometimes your savings take forever to grow into the lump sum required for your dream holiday. The HSBC holiday loan offers between $5,000 and $50,000, so you get that booking in no time.
- Renovation loan. The HSBC personal loan can also help homeowners achieve their dreams. Once approved, the money turns up in your bank account within a couple of days. As a result, projects can take off quickly and more efficiently.
- Wedding loan. Extra funds can ease the stress of your big day. Apply online in 10 minutes and get an answer within 60 seconds. If the deal is right, you can enjoy that financially carefree wedding you’ve always wanted.
- Debt consolidation loan. If your credit accounts and debts are all over the place, you can neatly tuck them under one account. This potentially trims your fees plus you only deal with a single monthly repayment.
Besides these popular uses, HSBC personal loans can also cover other legitimate expenses or purchases such as medical bills and education costs.
However, before you apply, BestFind recommends using our personal loan calculator and table to check how the offer from HSBC compares with other options. Your bottom line should always be about getting the best deal for you.
How to apply for a loan with HSBC
Start the online application process by clicking “Go to Site.” HSBC’s requirements for Aussie borrowers include the following:
- Be at least 18 years
- Be an Australian resident
- Earn at least $40,000 per year
- Have a good or excellent credit rating
- Provide identification information as well as details about your address, income, and employment.
If you qualify, here are the four steps to receiving the funds you need:
- Get your personalised rate once you submit relevant details. This has no impact on your credit score.
- Choose the amount you borrow and send your online application on its way.
- You’ll receive a response within 60 seconds after which you upload your documents.
- HSBC then transfers the funds within a couple of days after approval.
Popular personal loans searches
View all search queries