BestFind.com.au provides factual information in relation to financial products. While
attempts to make a wide range of products and providers available, it may not cover all the
to you. Moreover, we cannot be responsible for changes made to this information by product
inaccurate information obtained from a product provider. All product information comes from the
provider or publicly available information and to the best of our knowledge is correct at time
The information published on BestFind.com.au is general in nature only and does not consider
objectives, financial situation or particular needs and is not recommending any particular
product to you. If you
decide to apply for a product you will be dealing directly with that provider and not with
BestFind.com.au recommends that you read the relevant PDS or offer documentation before taking
Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 6 months and 10 years. Comparison
interest rates vary between 6.55% and 20.89% p.a. Total interest repayments vary between
$1,387 and $4,165 over the life of the loan. *Comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan
of $10,000 for a term of 3 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the
examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan
amounts might result in a different comparison rate. These rates can change without further
notice. All rates quoted are per annum. For more information regarding fees click on "View
fees & additional info +" for each product or contact the provider.
Need help choosing the right loan?
Get a multi award-winning personal loans broker, to help select the right loan
Australia-wide personal loans completed online or via the telephone (no need
for any face-to-face meetings).
Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm AESTs
An account manager will contact you within 3 hours of your enquiry.
Call 1300 884 355
What type of loan are you looking for?
BOQ personal loans for Aussies – Turn your plans into reality
BOQ is a financial institution with a personal touch. So far, BOQ has kept its autonomy from the big banks, and each of their branches is run by a local Owner-Manager. If you’re a borrower looking for a lender with a friendly face, BOQ personal loans might be right up your financing alley. Read more so you can learn about their features and how to sign up.
BOQ personal loans: A quick rundown
- Loan amounts. From $3,000 to $40,000
- Loan terms. Between 1 and 7 years
- Interest rate. 10.99%
- Comparison rate. 11.71%
- Pros. You get flexible repayment options and the ability to make additional repayments with no early exit penalties.
- Cons. BOQ loans are not available online, plus you also have to pay ongoing fees.
- Uses. Debt consolidation or paying for your wedding, holiday, car, and more.
Understanding the unsecured fixed rate flexible personal loan from BOQ
BOQ’s fixed rate flexible loan has a self-explanatory name with many moving parts. Here’s a brief breakdown of the available features:
- Unsecured personal loan. You won’t have to rely on putting up collateral for loan approval.
- Fixed interest rate. Due to a rate that never varies, you can trust your repayments to stay the same over the life of your loan. Your budget will, therefore, be easier to work with.
- Fees and charges. Expect to pay an application fee and a smaller monthly maintenance fee, but no early repayment fees.
- Flexible repayment options. This means you can cherry-pick a repayment frequency that suits your financial lifestyle. Available options include weekly, fortnightly, and monthly repayments.
- Early repayments and early exit. You can fast track repaying your debt in full by making repayments as much as you like. Our BOQ personal loan calculator can help you find suitable estimated repayments to match your goals.
- Internet banking. This allows you to manage your loan account and access customer services online when the need strikes.
Which other BOQ personal loan products are available?
You’ll also find the following personal lending products from BOQ’s diverse portfolio:
- Secured car loans. When you use your car as security, you get a low rate flexible loan that gets you behind the wheel sooner. Extra repayments are allowed, and you also get flexible repayment options plus terms of up to 7 years. Related: Find out more about BOQ car loans.
- Unsecured personal overdraft. Stay one step ahead of emergencies with an overdraft account that gives you access to funds whenever you need them. Repayments are unlimited, and you only pay interest on the funds you draw.
- Credit cards. BOQ offers several credit card options. The best choice for you depends on your preferred monthly repayment plan, income, and whether you prefer low rates and fees or rewards.
Who can qualify for a Bank of Queensland personal loan?
A BOQ personal loan is a good fit for you if you are:
- At least 18 years old
- Applying for an amount of at least $3,000
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Earning a regular income
- A responsible borrower who’s never been bankrupt
How to make a BOQ personal loan application
Suppose you’re interested in a personal loan from Bank of Queensland. In that case, you can contact the financial institution via phone call by visiting your nearest branch or filling out an enquiry form online. BOQ will get back to you, but in the meanwhile, make sure you have the following close by:
- Proof of identity, for instance, driver’s licence
- Employment details
- Details of your income, assets, expenses, liabilities, and other financial information
Also ensure that you check out other personal loan options to see how BOQ compares and whether it’s the best option available to you.
More about Bank of Queensland
BOQ has been pandering to Australia’s finance needs since 1874 and now counts itself as one of the leading regional banks. The financial institution has considerable reach because of its over 160 branches sprinkled throughout Australia. It offers many other products such as home loans, savings accounts, business banking, and online trading.
BOQ also states that it’s in the top 100 companies ranked by marketing capitalisation on the Australian Securities exchange. Additionally, BOQ is regulated as an Authorised Deposit-taking Institution by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority.
Popular personal loans searches
View all search queries