BestFind.com.au provides factual information in relation to financial products. While
attempts to make a wide range of products and providers available, it may not cover all the
to you. Moreover, we cannot be responsible for changes made to this information by product
inaccurate information obtained from a product provider. All product information comes from the
provider or publicly available information and to the best of our knowledge is correct at time
The information published on BestFind.com.au is general in nature only and does not consider
objectives, financial situation or particular needs and is not recommending any particular
product to you. If you
decide to apply for a product you will be dealing directly with that provider and not with
BestFind.com.au recommends that you read the relevant PDS or offer documentation before taking
Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 6 months and 10 years. Comparison
interest rates vary between 6.55% and 20.89% p.a. Total interest repayments vary between
$1,387 and $4,165 over the life of the loan. *Comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan
of $10,000 for a term of 3 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the
examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan
amounts might result in a different comparison rate. These rates can change without further
notice. All rates quoted are per annum. For more information regarding fees click on "View
fees & additional info +" for each product or contact the provider.
What type of loan are you looking for?
St George Bank personal loans – Apply online for the right loan
St. George Bank is a major operating division of Westpac that offers a wide array of personal loans. St George Bank personal loans are suitable for a range of personal purposes, and you can choose between secured and unsecured options as well as fixed and variable interest rates. Before you click the “Go to Site” button above, it helps to know more about what St.George Bank offers and how their personal loans work.
St.George personal loans at a glance
- Loan amounts. From $2k to $80k depending on whether the loan is secured, unsecured or an overdraft.
- Loan terms. 1-7 years (variable rate terms) or 1-5 years (fixed rate terms).
- Pros. You can apply online and use the money for a wide range of purposes.
- Cons. There’s an application and monthly fee to factor into your borrowing costs.
- Best for: Borrowers looking for a wide range of options and flexible repayment terms.
Types of personal loans from St. George Bank
- St. George unsecured personal loans. This option is great for general purposes, such as paying for a holiday, home makeovers, and debt consolidation. Borrowing limits are between $2,000 and $50,000. The best thing is this loan doesn’t require security, but on the flip side, you have to pay a higher interest rate than for the secured loan.
- St. George secured personal loans. This option is great when buying a new or used car. Since the car acts as security for the loan, you get a lower interest rate and more borrowing power (loan amounts range from $3,000 to $80,000). Keep in mind that your car needs to be eligible as security – you can find out the details by reading about St. George car loans.
- St. George unsecured personal overdraft. You’ll find this option handy if you like being prepared for emergencies and other unexpected financial demands. You can get a small personal loan of $500 or up to $20,000, although limits are subject to approval. Since it’s an ongoing line of credit, you only apply once but can access funds whenever you need to afterwards. St. George charges a variable interest rate on any amount you owe, and you make repayments on demand.
Features and benefits of St. George Bank personal loans
You can expect the following when you choose St. George Bank as your personal loan lender:
- Personalised pricing: The interest rate you get depends on your credit history and other personal details.
- Early repayments. It’s possible to pay more than the minimum repayment amount if you want to shorten the life of your loan.
- Fixed or variable interest rates. With a fixed rate loan, you know your repayments ahead of time, and you don’t have to worry about paying more when rates rise. On the other hand, a variable rate loan has more flexibility since you can make as many additional repayments as you like without break costs applying.
- Redraw facility. Additionally, a variable rate loan allows you to access any extra repayments you make. The money is transferred into your transactional account, which is a great option to have in case of unexpected expenses. However, each request is subject to approval, and there’s a fee.
- Repayment frequency. You can pay off your loan weekly, fortnightly, or monthly.
- Loan management via Internet Banking. You can stay on top of your loan by checking your balance, recent transactions, interest rate, and your next repayment due date. You can also make repayments in the comfort of your home.
Uses of St. George Bank personal loans
A personal loan from St. George can make life easier in many instances, such as:
- Debt consolidation
- Buying a car
- Travelling and going on holiday
- Renovating your home
- Paying for your wedding
Generally, personal loans are suitable for many other purposes. However, you can read the terms and conditions for St. George financial products to make sure you’re borrowing for an approved purpose.
St. George Bank personal loan fees and charges
The cost of a personal loan from St. George Bank may include the following:
- Establishment fee – $195
- Monthly administration fee – $12
- Early repayment fee when you pay off the loan within 12 months – $150
- Early repayment fee when you pay off the loan after 12 months – $100
- Redraw fee (variable rate loans) – $10
- Overdraft monthly service fee – $5
Before you decide to apply, go through St. George Bank fees and charges so you have a good idea of all fees and rates that may apply to your loan.
Applying for a personal loan with St.George Bank
If you’re 18+ years old and have permanent Australian residency, you can apply for a St. George bank loan in 20 minutes by doing the following:
- Review your loan options in the table above and decide which one fits you best.
- Calculate your repayments using the St. George personal loan calculator.
- Click “Go to Site.”
- Provide the needed information: Identification, income and employment, as well as financial commitments.
- Verify your financials online by uploading the required documents.
- Sign your loan contract document.
- Wait until St.George Bank transfers money into your account.
More about St. George Bank
Before it went under Westpac’s wing in 2008, St. George Bank started as a building society (1937) that then achieved full banking status (1992). Besides personal loans, St.George Bank offers credit cards, home loans, and transaction accounts. The bank also has a registered charity, the St.George Foundation, which has donated millions of dollars to Australian charities supporting children.
Popular personal loans searches
View all search queries
- St George Personal Loans Repayment Calculator
- Latitude Personal Loans Repayment Calculator
- Liberty Personal Loans Repayment Calculator
- BE Personal Banking Personal Loans
- FCCS Personal Loans
- First Option Credit Union Personal Loans
- Gateway Credit Union Personal Loans
- Borrow $49,500
- Personal Loans to Borrow $5,000
- Borrow $50,000
- Personal Loans to Borrow $5,500
- Borrow $6,000
- Personal Loans to Borrow $6,500
- Personal Loans to Borrow $7,000
- Borrow $7,500
- Personal Loans to Borrow $8,000
- Personal Loans to Borrow $8,500
- Borrow $9,000
- Personal Loans to Borrow $9,500
- Personal Loans for Casual Employees
- Cosmetic Surgery Loans
- Pepper Money Personal Loans Repayment Calculator
- Illawarra CU Personal Loans Repayment Calculator
- IMB Personal Loans Repayment Calculator