Loans.com.au car loans – Get the car you want easier & sooner
Despite being an online-only lender, loans.com.au goes to great lengths to keep things personal with customers. If you’re interested in applying for a loans.com.au car loan, you’ll be pleased to know there are dedicated Car Loans Specialists available to speak with you.
Keep reading to find out other good points that make this lender a great option for you.
Loans.com.au car loans: Overview
- Loan amounts. $5,000 and $100,000
- Repayment periods. 3, 4, or 5 years
- Interest rate type. Fixed.
- Pros. Very competitive rates, easy online application, fast approval, fewer fees, as well as flexible repayment options.
- Cons. No branch network or redraw facility.
- Best for. Any qualifying person looking for low-rate car finance with smaller repayments made possible by a balloon payment.
Types of loans offered by loans.com.au
Car loans from loans.com.au can be classified according to the following loan terms:
- 3-year term. This option comes with a maximum 50% balloon payment. A balloon payment is a larger payment scheduled for when the term ends, and which allows you to have smaller, more affordable repayments. Once the term is over, you can choose to trade in your vehicle and use the funds to cover the balloon payment.
- 4-year term. The maximum balloon payment is 40%.
- 5-year term. You get a maximum balloon payment of 30%.
In addition, you can also get a rate discount if you purchase a qualifying green car. A green vehicle generally has lower carbon dioxide emissions than a similar-sized car. Most green cars are new or demonstration vehicles, fuel-efficient, and hybrid vehicles, such as some Mazda 2 and Ford Fiesta models.
Common features of car loans from loans.com.au
- Balloon payment. Reduce your regular repayments by signing up for a lump sum payment at the end of the term. This balloon payment can be up to 50% of the vehicle’s price.
- Secured car finance. Your car will act as security for the debt, so you get a lower rate.
- Additional repayments. If you get extra money along the way, loans.com.au allows you to make additional repayments.
- Early payout. It’s possible to close your account early and pay less interest overall.
- Flexible repayment options. You can also make weekly, fortnightly, or monthly repayments. Besides a tailored repayment frequency, you can tailor the repayment amount by using our loans.com.au car loan calculator.
- Fees and charges. There’s a $400 establishment fee but no ongoing fees or early termination fees.
How to qualify
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be an Australian permanent resident.
- Earn a regular income.
- Have a good credit score.
- Provide details about your Australian driver’s licence, income, assets, expenses, and liabilities.
Applying for loans.com.au car loans online
You have three options to choose from when applying:
- Buying a new car
- Buying a used car from a dealer
The online application process is easy to complete and also quicker if you apply via BestFind. Simply click the “Go to Site” button in the table above once you’re ready to get started. When you have submitted the form and logged in to upload your documents, loans.com.au will ask you to book an appointment with a Lending Specialist. From there, the following steps remain:
- Send the purchase paperwork
- Get the contract – approval generally happens within 24 hours.
- Sign contract electronically before returning
- Settlement and payment to the dealer
- Collect your car
- Access your account online and then start making repayments
Loans.com.au describes itself as an innovative Australian online lender that has been around since 2011. It doesn’t have a branch network, though it does have a call centre based in Brisbane. Loans.com.au is financially backed by FirstMac, a leading non-bank financial institution.
It’s also regulated by the Australian government, covered by the NCCP, and enforced by ASIC.