BestFind.com.au provides factual information in relation to financial products. While
attempts to make a wide range of products and providers available, it may not cover all the
to you. Moreover, we cannot be responsible for changes made to this information by product
inaccurate information obtained from a product provider. All product information comes from the
provider or publicly available information and to the best of our knowledge is correct at time
The information published on BestFind.com.au is general in nature only and does not consider
objectives, financial situation or particular needs and is not recommending any particular
product to you. If you
decide to apply for a product you will be dealing directly with that provider and not with
BestFind.com.au recommends that you read the relevant PDS or offer documentation before taking
Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 6 months and 10 years. Comparison
interest rates vary between 6.55% and 19.07% p.a. Total interest repayments vary between
$4,290 and $14,531 over the life of the loan. *Comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan
of $30,000 for a term of 5 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the
examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan
amounts might result in a different comparison rate. These rates can change without further
notice. All rates quoted are per annum. For more information regarding fees click on "View
fees & additional info +" for each product or contact the provider.
RACV car loans – Find the right loan for the right car
RACV isn’t just the face of emergency roadside service and motor insurance in Australia; it also comes to the rescue of car buyers who need to finance their purchase. The motoring organisation was founded in 1903 and currently has over 2 million members.
As a mutual, RACV offers more discounts and benefits on financial products than shareholder-based companies. RACV car loans are, for instance, competitively priced and offer a wide range of options. If you’ve already found your next dream car, here’s how RACV finance can help.
RACV car loans: Quick details
- Minimum loan amount. $5,000
- Length of loan term. From 1 to 7 years
- Interest rate. From 4.99% (new car) or 5.99% (used)
- Comparison rate. 5.69% (new) or 6.69% (used)
- Interest rate type. Fixed
Features and benefits of car loans from RACV
RACV advertises their car loans as comprehensive, and the following long list of features explains why:
- Secured. Your car’s value secures the debt, and you generally get a lower interest rate than some unsecured car loans on the market. However, keep in mind that your car might be repossessed if you default.
- Fixed repayments. Because the interest rate never changes, you’ll have more peace of mind and easier budgeting.
- Online application. RACV’s easy online application takes around 10 minutes.
- Fast approval. RACV moves fast once they have your application. In most cases, you receive the money within 24 hours.
- Loan purpose. You can finance a new car (under 2 years) or a used car (less than seven years).
- Repayment options. You can make fortnightly or monthly repayments by direct debit or BPAY.
- Fees and charges. There are no ongoing fees, but there’s a $499 upfront fee which is a bit steep compared to what other lenders charge. Other fees and charges may also apply.
- 21-day Loan Satisfaction Guarantee. If you find an RACV car loan not up to your standard, you can still cancel the deal. RACV will refund any paid interest and waive any fees.
- Membership. You automatically become a member once you purchase any renewable RACV product.
- Years of membership benefits. Discounts are available depending on how long you’ve been an RACV member.
- Financial hardship. If you have trouble repaying your debt at any time, RACV offers financial hardship assistance for repayments.
What else does RACV car finance offer?
RACV also offers caravan loans, business car loans, and car insurance. Besides car finance, you can also get an RACV personal loan. The cash is suitable for any goal, whether that involves installing a swimming pool in your backyard, going on an exotic vacation, or something else that’s equally satisfying,
How to apply for an RACV car loan
Give the RCV car loan calculator a go before applying to find an affordable repayment amount. Next, click “Go to Site” for the right option above. You’ll need to provide your driver’s licence and personal details as well as details about your employment, assets, liabilities, and income.
The application process is easily completed in 3 steps: First, fill in the form and then wait while RACV verifies your information. Finally, you get the money ASAP once approved.
Popular car loan searches
View all popular car loans searches