Auswide Bank car loans – Get a new ride at a competitive rate
Auswide Bank pegs its starting point as 1966 when it was formed from the local communities of Queensland’s Wide Bay Burnett region. There are plenty of mergers and name changes mixed into the bank’s history. But from its roots as a local building society, Auswide Bank never deviated from its purpose of servicing the many banking needs of Australians.
The conversion to a bank occurred in 2013, and currently, Auswide Bank has assets worth over 3 billion. It offers financial products such as home loans, credit cards, business banking products, and personal loans. The financial institution describes its personal loans as “exciting”, and this may be because this product is flexible enough to buy your new car, among other purposes. Check out our guide on Auswide Bank car loans to discover more.
An overview of car loans from Auswide Bank
Disclaimer: Don’t get confused if you see mention of Auswide personal loans in place of car loans. Auswide Bank has consolidated its car loans with its personal loans. So an Auswide car loan is simply a personal loan that’s adapted to buying the car of your dreams. Click the link to find out more Auswide Bank personal loans.
- Loan amounts – Depends on your gross income, credit history, and whether it’s a joint application, plus other factors. Amounts can range anywhere from $2k to $100K.
- Loan terms – From 1-7 years
- Interest rates – Start from 4.49%.
- Pros – You get some of the best competitive rates on the market and great features such as a redraw facility.
- Cons – You can make monthly repayments only.
- Uses – Works for buying a new or used car.
Which types of loans are available from Auswide Bank when buying a car?
- Secured car loan. This option is suitable for both new and used cars purchased from a licenced dealer. Since the debt is secured by the vehicle you’re buying, you get a low rate of 4.49%. If you want to buy from a private seller, you’ll have to apply for a personal loan instead.
- Unsecured personal loan. Your borrowing power is lower when you don’t offer security. Unsecured loans from Auswide Bank also come with a higher interest rate that starts from 9.90%.
Features of Auswide Bank car loans
- Interest rates are fixed, so you get peace of mind from knowing there are no increases to your repayments.
- Fees and charges include an establishment fee ($175) as well as a monthly account keeping fee ($5). Other fees, such as an early payout fee, may also apply.
- You can only make monthly repayments. Weekly and fortnightly repayments are not available. You can use our Auswide Bank car loan calculator if you wish to estimate your repayments.
- You can make additional repayments and pay off your debt early if you want to trim some borrowing costs.
- For additional flexibility, Auswide Bank may allow you to take back any extra repayments made in case you need them for unexpected expenses or bills.
You qualify if you’re:
- An individual, not a business or company
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- At least 18 years of age
- A creditworthy borrower with a regular income
How to apply for Auswide Bank car loans online
Applying online should take you around 20 minutes. Start by clicking the “Go to Site” button of your choice above. After completing and submitting your loan application, you’ll then sign a contract upon approval. After that, you get your money.
Popular car loan searches
View all popular car loans searches