The Mac car loans – Hit the open road sooner, not later
According to the Macarthur Credit Union, the story of its humble beginnings took off in 1971. Back then, the Clutha Employees Credit Union catered to the employees of the local coal mines in Camden. Today, The Mac’s reach has widened, together with its range of products and services, which includes The Mac car loans.
The Mac car loans are competitively priced and suitable for both new and used car buyers. Here’s the full breakdown.
The Mac car loans overview
- Loan amounts. $1,000 – $100,000
- Loan terms. Up to 7 years
- Interest rates. From 4.99% p.a.
- Security. Secured car loan
- Pros. There’s a wide borrowing range of between $1k and $100K, which is more than enough to cover all types of dream vehicles.
- Cons. The Mac only offers secured car loans, which means your car might be repossessed if you default.
- Best for. Anyone looking to finance a new or used car and willing to offer that car as security for the loan.
Which auto loans does The Mac offer?
The Mac offers two types of car loans:
- New car loan. This option is suitable for new cars, motorbikes, and caravans.
- Used car loan. With this option, you can purchase any used car, motorbike, and caravan up to 4 years old. Generally, the older the vehicle, the higher the interest rate, which is why financing a used car with The Mac costs more than a new car.
The Mac personal loans are also suitable for used cars and things like debt consolidation, renovations, or a holiday.
Features of The Mac car loans
- Flexible amounts and terms. The Mac’s car loans offer large amounts of up to $100k. Some lenders only offer up to $50K, so you’ll be able to do more if you borrow from this lender.
- Extra repayments accepted. The Mac will allow you to make additional repayments on top of your minimum ones. What’s more, you don’t have to worry about extra repayment fees. If you make enough early repayments you can also close your account early and free of charge, saving you on interest costs.
- Free redraw facility. Any extra repayments you make are available via redraw whenever you need cash down the line for unexpected expenses.
- Pre-approval available. The Mac can make you an offer before you go car shopping, so you know which price range to consider. That means you also hold most of the power in any negotiation with your car seller.
- Repayment flexibility. You can opt for a weekly, fortnightly, or monthly repayment frequency, depending on what suits your pay cycle.
Rates, fees, and charges
The Mac charges a $250 application fee and a $15 PPSR Registration fee for its car loans. Thankfully, that’s where it mostly ends. There’s no redraw fee, early repayment fee, or ongoing annual or monthly fee.
And if you make repayments as agreed, you won’t have to worry about dishonour fees. Additionally, The Mac car loans are as competitive as they come, especially if you’re financing a new car.
Qualifying for an auto loan from the Mac
During the car loan application, you’ll be asked for the following information:
- Employment and income details
- Details about your living expenses, any assets you own such as property, vehicle, shares, and any other debts you owe.
- Details about your Australian driver’s licence and passport (only if you’re new to The Mac).
Keep in mind that applications are open to permanent Australian residents who are at least 18 years old and have a good credit score.
How to apply
The Mac’s online application process is quite simple.
- Start by clicking “Go to Site” in the table above.
- Then fill in the application form on The Mac’s website
- If you’re approved and accept the offer, The Mac says you’ll get your funds in short order.
Popular car loan searches
View all popular car loans searches