NAB car loans – Find a trusted personal loan for your wheels
Besides paying for your travels, renovating your home, or buying your personal goods, a NAB personal loan is also nifty enough to get you in the driver’s seat behind the wheel, and on the road. If you’ve been flirting with the idea of financing your next ride, here’s how to do it with a NAB car loan.
NAB car loans: Key details
- How much can you borrow? – From $5,000 to $55,000
- What’s the repayment period? – 1 to 7 years
- Loan repayments – Weekly, fortnightly, or monthly
- Interest rate – Headline rate is 12.69% p.a. Rates typically range from 9.99% to 18.99% p.a.
- Comparison rate – 13.56% p.a. but typically ranges from 10.88% to 19.385 p.a.
- Secured or unsecured? – No security required
What car loans are available from NAB?
NAB only offers unsecured car loans, so the car you’re buying isn’t at risk of being repossessed if you fall behind on your repayments. Keep in mind that while you don’t have to put your asset on the line, unsecured loans generally come with higher rates than their secured counterparts.
While you can only opt for a secured loan, you’ll, however, have to decide between a fixed and variable rate. At the time of writing these two rates are charged the same, but their loans function a little differently:
- Fixed rate loans. Your rate and your minimum repayments remain fixed over the life of the loan. You’ll always know how much to budget for your loan, and you won’t feel the pinch if rates rise. But the disadvantage is if rates fall you won’t save.
- Variable rate loans. Here, you can expect some ups and downs, so your minimum repayments might need tweaking. However, you might find the perk of having a redraw facility and the promise of potential savings worthwhile.
Features of NAB car loans
Considering a NAB car loan? Here’s more to know about this product.
- Fast funding. If you’re an existing customer, you will only have to wait two hours after approval for the cash transfer. However, make sure you apply in-store by 2 pm for same-day funding.
- Flexible repayment options. Besides having three different repayment frequencies to choose from (weekly, fortnightly, or monthly), you’re also allowed to pay more than the minimum repayment. That’s whenever you want at no extra cost, should you choose to clear your credit account before the loan term is over.
- Affordable fees and charges. NAB has no early payment fees or exit fees. But there’s a $150 application fee (might be waived for promos) and a $10 monthly fee.
- Quick online application. If you need extra cash ASAP, NAB has made it easier for you. You can upload any required documents via Internet Banking, so forget about printed paperwork and queues.
- Loan management. NAB Internet Banking lets you know the ins and outs of your loan. You can check your balance, repayment history, as well as due dates.
- Redraw facility. For variable rate options, any extra repayments you make can come back to you anytime, which is handy for unplanned expenses.
NAB also offers business vehicle and equipment loans
NAB not only has car loans for you but for your business as well. As long as your business has an ABN and sufficient turnover, you have access to funds for buying new or used vehicles and equipment for agricultural, construction, IT and other business purposes.
NAB’s business vehicle and equipment loans may also come with tax benefits. Additionally, you can apply online without an upfront deposit (for loan amounts under 150k) if you need quick and easy credit to build your business.
Should you choose a NAB car loan?
Applying for credit with a big bank like NAB certainly has its merits. But Australia has so many lenders (large or small), and some could be a better fit. The best way to find out if NAB is right for you is to head up to our comparison table to check out the competition. If you do decide to apply, use the NAB car loan calculator and click “Go to Start” to get the ball rolling.
Eligibility and what you need to apply
- Be at least 18 years
- Have a steady income
- Be a permanent Australian or New Zealand resident, or have an acceptable Temporary Resident visa
You’ll also need your NAB ID (existing customers) and driver’s licence. New customers may need to visit a NAB branch to verify their identity.
How to apply online for a NAB personal loan for your car
- Fill in your personal, employment, and financial details.
- You only have to upload documents later in the process
- You get a response telling you your rate and repayment amount within 60 seconds of submitting
- After verification, you accept the offer via NAB Internet Banking
- You then get the cash in your account
NAB personal loans aren’t only available for cars. Click the link to find out how you can get more from NAB’s financial products.
Popular car loan searches
View all popular car loans searches