BestFind.com.au provides factual information in relation to financial products. While
attempts to make a wide range of products and providers available, it may not cover all the
to you. Moreover, we cannot be responsible for changes made to this information by product
inaccurate information obtained from a product provider. All product information comes from the
provider or publicly available information and to the best of our knowledge is correct at time
The information published on BestFind.com.au is general in nature only and does not consider
objectives, financial situation or particular needs and is not recommending any particular
product to you. If you
decide to apply for a product you will be dealing directly with that provider and not with
BestFind.com.au recommends that you read the relevant PDS or offer documentation before taking
Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 6 months and 10 years. Comparison
interest rates vary between 6.55% and 20.89% p.a. Total interest repayments vary between
$1,387 and $4,165 over the life of the loan. *Comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan
of $10,000 for a term of 3 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the
examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan
amounts might result in a different comparison rate. These rates can change without further
notice. All rates quoted are per annum. For more information regarding fees click on "View
fees & additional info +" for each product or contact the provider.
Need help choosing the right loan?
Get a multi award-winning personal loans broker, to help select the right loan
Australia-wide personal loans completed online or via the telephone (no need
for any face-to-face meetings).
Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm AESTs
An account manager will contact you within 3 hours of your enquiry.
Call 1300 884 355
What type of loan are you looking for?
ME Bank personal loans – Stay in control of your money needs
ME (Members Equity) is a 100% Australian lender owned by top industry super funds. It’s also a branchless lender that moves with the times to deliver affordable and convenient financial services. Take a look at what ME Bank personal loans offer in the guide below.
Important facts about ME personal loans
- Interest rate: 10.98% p.a. (subject to change)
- Interest rate type: Fixed
- Comparison rate: 11.35% p.a.
- Loan amounts: $5,000 – $50,000
- Loan terms: 1-7 years
- Security type: Unsecured personal loan
- There’s no need to use your asset or property as security when accessing funds.
- There are no fees for account keeping or early repayments.
- The fast online application only takes 10 minutes.
- You have to pay an establishment fee of $250.
- ME personal loans are not available for business expenses, tax bills, or payments for property purchases.
- Joint applications are not available so you can only apply as an individual.
- There’s no redraw facility, so any extra repayments you make won’t be accessible.
Features of personal loans from ME
Consider the following ME Bank personal loan features when deciding if this option is right for you:
- Borrowing limits. The minimum amount of $5,000 might be too large, especially when all you need is a small personal loan for minor expenses. However, if you need to borrow more, your capacity will depend on your credit score, income, and how much debt you owe.
- Repayment terms. Since you can pay your loan over 1-7 years, it’s easier to find a repayment that fits your budget. BestFind’s ME personal loan calculator is handy for this.
- Fixed interest rate. A fixed rate is stationary, so your minimum repayments will always be the same amount you start out with.
- Extra repayments. Besides your minimum repayments, you can also make additional repayments. Checking out of your contract at an earlier date is a smart move if you want to save on credit costs.
- Fees and charges. There are no account keeping or early repayment fees. But there’s a $250 establishment fee, a $5 duplicate statement fee, and a $25 dishonour or late payment fee.
- Flexible repayment options. Repayments can be made fortnightly or monthly. It’s possible to change the due date, repayment amount, and frequency under certain conditions.
Different uses for ME personal loans
Like most lenders, ME personal loans are available for most personal purchases and expenses such as:
- Cars, motorbikes, boats, or even scuba gear
- Debt consolidation
- Home renovations
- Medical bills
- Holiday and travel
How to apply for a personal loan from ME Bank
ME Bank is a branchless lender so you can only apply for credit through their website. To go there, click “Go to Site” but before you start the application process, make sure you meet ME’s lending criteria. You must be:
- At least 18 years or older
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Applying on your own behalf and as an individual
- A low-risk borrower with a good credit rating
Additionally, you must provide your driver’s licence or passport as well as some information about your income and expenses. The application only takes about 10 minutes, and once you’re approved, the money will show up in your account over the next two business days.
While you’re scoping out ME personal loans, you can also take the time to compare other personal loan options with BestFind. This helps cover all your bases when it comes to getting the right loan for you.
About ME Australia
ME has been in the game since 1994. The financial services provider previously went by the name ME Bank, but they’re now referred to as ME after a rebrand. Aside from personal loans, ME also offers financial products like home loans, bank accounts, and credit cards.
Popular personal loans searches
View all search queries