BestFind.com.au provides factual information in relation to financial products. While
attempts to make a wide range of products and providers available, it may not cover all the
to you. Moreover, we cannot be responsible for changes made to this information by product
inaccurate information obtained from a product provider. All product information comes from the
provider or publicly available information and to the best of our knowledge is correct at time
The information published on BestFind.com.au is general in nature only and does not consider
objectives, financial situation or particular needs and is not recommending any particular
product to you. If you
decide to apply for a product you will be dealing directly with that provider and not with
BestFind.com.au recommends that you read the relevant PDS or offer documentation before taking
Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 6 months and 10 years. Comparison
interest rates vary between 6.55% and 20.89% p.a. Total interest repayments vary between
$1,387 and $4,165 over the life of the loan. *Comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan
of $10,000 for a term of 3 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the
examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan
amounts might result in a different comparison rate. These rates can change without further
notice. All rates quoted are per annum. For more information regarding fees click on "View
fees & additional info +" for each product or contact the provider.
What type of loan are you looking for?
Harmoney personal loans for Aussies – Borrow the simpler way
Harmoney is a P2P provider that offers fair and simple solutions to your finance needs. No matter the loan purpose, they can help speed up your goals and plans. Use our Harmoney personal loan guide to navigate the online world of Australian peer to peer lending, where you borrow straight from investors, minus the banks. If you’re creditworthy, this finance provider has some low-rate deals for you.
What Harmoney offers
- Borrowing limits: Between $2,000 and $50,000
- Repayment periods: From 3 to 5 years
- Interest rate: From 6.99%
- Interest rate type: Fixed
- Comparison rate: 7.79%
- Loan type: Unsecured personal loan
What’s good about Harmoney?
- Simple online application. You can get a Harmoney personal loan 100% online, to save on both time and costs. The P2P lender also makes the paperwork easier by using automated bank statement retrieval and credit files.
- Fast funding. Most borrowers receive cash in their account within 24 hours after accepting their quote and providing the final details. This can be a lifesaver when you need to pay for urgent car repairs, a sudden trip to the doctor or other emergencies.
- Fewer fees. Harmoney is transparent with their fees and charges, and the good news is you won’t have to pay any monthly account keeping fees or early repayment fees. Without early repayment penalties, it’s possible to exit early and reduce costs even if you end up with a higher rate.
- Flexible repayment options. Although monthly repayments are more common among lenders, Harmoney also allows you to opt for weekly or fortnightly payments. Because you have more choices, it’s easier to match your payment schedule to your cash flow or lifestyle.
Disadvantages of Harmoney personal loans
- Establishment fee. Harmoney’s establishment fee is heftier than most banks, and it increases for amounts over $5,000.
- Not suitable for bad credit borrowers. Due to the risk-based interest rate, higher-risk borrowers may not qualify if their recent credit history is unsuitable.
Features of Harmoney personal loans in Australia
- Tailored interest rates. Every borrower wants what’s fair, and Harmoney makes sure you get a unique rate that matches your circumstances, instead of a one size fits all deal.
- No security required. Not having to provide collateral means your assets are safe in case of missed or late repayments. The application process is also quicker and requires less paperwork.
- Loan cancellation. If you decide a Harmoney loan is not for you after receiving the funds, you can still withdraw or cancel the deal at no extra cost during the first 7 business days.
- Limited loan terms. Harmoney only offers terms of 3 to 5 years while some lenders offer terms of between 1 and 7 years. Having less time to pay generally means your repayments will be larger.
- Minimum amount. You can only borrow starting from $2,000, so if you need a small personal loan, you might have to borrow more than you need.
What you can do with a personal loan from Harmoney
Since you can borrow $2,000 up to $50,000, there are many instances where you can put a Harmoney personal loan to work. This includes the following:
- Debt consolidation
- Home renovation
- Holiday and travel
- Car or boat purchase
- Funeral expenses
- Wedding costs
Harmoney fees and rates
Harmoney’s interest rates are between 6.99% p.a. to 25.69% p.a (comparison rate 7.79% – 26.65% p.a). You can find out the rate you qualify for via their no obligation loan application. Although you won’t have to pay early repayment or ongoing monthly fees, the cost of borrowing from Harmoney includes a $275 establishment fee for amounts below $5,000.
Above that, you pay $575. This is an upfront, one-off fee that’s deducted when your loan is settled. You may also have to pay dishonour and legal fees where applicable.
What you need to qualify
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a permanent Australian or New Zealand resident
- Have full time or permanent part time employment
- Provide photo ID documents such as valid driver’s licence or passport
- Have a clean credit report with no bankruptcies, defaults, or judgements
- Apply for a minimum amount of $2,000
How to apply for a Harmoney personal loan
You can submit your online application through BestFind by doing the following:
- Click “Go to Site” so you can reach Harmoney’s website.
- Provide details about the loan of your choice, your circumstances, and your finances.
- Get a detailed offer with a personalised interest rate, borrowing limit, and repayment amount.
- Accept the quote, provide the final details and expect the funds within 24 hours.
More about Harmoney
Harmoney first came on the scene in 2014 as New Zealand’s first peer-to-peer lender. Harmoney’s game plan is to offer a smoother and more straightforward borrowing experience than traditional lenders.
This is mainly achieved using a mix of technology and science that removes any bias from their offerings. Since March 2020, this personal loan provider has loaned over 1.7 billion to more than 50,000 Aussie and New Zealand borrowers.
Other personal loans searches
View all search queries