An RACV personal loan automatically comes with an RACV membership. If you’re happy to be part of a financial institution that rewards loyalty, compare options, calculate repayments, and apply below.
RACV personal loans – Get finance with membership benefits
Usually associated with roadside assistance, insurance, and travel, the Royal Automobile Club of Victoria (RACV) also offers a range of personal loans. The motoring club is a mutual organisation which means it exists to benefit its over 2 million members instead of shareholders. RACV positions their personal loans as suitable for home improvements, holidays, and everything else in between.
Read on to get familiar with RACV personal loans, so you know if the product suits you and whether to apply.
RACV personal loans in a nutshell
RACV offers personal loans for all purposes, budgets, and needs starting from $5,000. Becoming a member is easy; all you have to do is purchase any RACV renewable product, such as a car or personal loan, and you instantly unlock membership benefits.
However, RACV only offers secured personal loans, so you’ll need a suitable asset to qualify. Loan terms are between 1 and 7 years, and you can make fortnightly or monthly repayments.
The RACV secured personal loan
This option has a moderately competitive fixed rate, and like most secured loans, the rate is lower than what you’ll find for unsecured personal loans on the market. Rate discounts are also available, and the discount varies depending on years of membership.
There are no ongoing fees, and you can make repayments via direct debit or BPAY once every month or fortnight. Please note that you have to provide a registered motor vehicle as security when applying for this product. Additionally, the vehicle’s worth must be the same or higher than the amount you’re borrowing.
Other loan types offered by RACV
The RACV secured personal loan is for general purposes. RACV also offers secured personal loans for the following specific objectives:
- Holiday and travel. You can fund your dream holiday or any travel plans you have in mind.
- Debt consolidation. This option is for bundling all your debts into one loan with one easy-to-make repayment.
- Refinancing. If you already have a personal loan with a different lender and want to switch over to RACV, you can choose the refinancing option when applying.
- Business vehicles. You can purchase a vehicle for your business.
- Buying a caravan, motorbike, or boat. RACV offers credit that’s tailored to these purchases to suit your repayment and deposit needs.
- Buying a car. This option is suitable for a new or used car. You can find out more in our RACV car loan guide.
- Your personal loan comes with RACV’s Satisfaction Guarantee. So if you’re not satisfied with the product, you can return the total amount received within 21 days from the time of funding. You’ll get a full refund on all fees and interest charged, plus you won’t have to pay an early termination fee.
- Both single and joint applications are available.
- Quick application process either online or over the phone and fast approval.
- If you’re an existing member, you may qualify for a “Years of Membership Benefits” discount on your interest rate.
- If you have difficulty with your personal loan repayments due to unfortunate events like illness, job loss, relationship breakdown, or other emergency events, RACV can provide financial hardship assistance.
- RACV says that, in most cases, it’s possible to get 100% finance which means you won’t need a deposit.
- There are no ongoing fees, so your repayments will be more affordable.
- You have to pay an application fee. Other fees and charges – for instance, default fees – may also apply.
- A registered motor vehicle is required as security before you can qualify.
- You can only borrow a minimum of $5,000.
Applying for an online loan with RACV
- Once you find the RACV financial product of your choice, click “Go to Site,” in BestFind’s comparison table above.
- Supply your details via the application form. This includes personal information such as your driver’s licence number, employment details, and details about your income, assets, and liabilities. RACV will be in touch at a later stage to verify this information.
- Approval time varies, but you’ll receive funds within 24 hours once you’ve signed the paperwork.
Please note that to be eligible for an RACV personal loan, you have to meet the basic eligibility criteria. You must be at least 18 years old and an Australian permanent resident with a regular income and a clean credit history.
Popular personal loans searches
View all search queries