BestFind.com.au provides factual information in relation to financial products. While
attempts to make a wide range of products and providers available, it may not cover all the
to you. Moreover, we cannot be responsible for changes made to this information by product
inaccurate information obtained from a product provider. All product information comes from the
provider or publicly available information and to the best of our knowledge is correct at time
The information published on BestFind.com.au is general in nature only and does not consider
objectives, financial situation or particular needs and is not recommending any particular
product to you. If you
decide to apply for a product you will be dealing directly with that provider and not with
BestFind.com.au recommends that you read the relevant PDS or offer documentation before taking
Did you know you can compare 100’s of personal loans? Browse, filter and save on our main personal loans comparison page.
Compare and review BankSA personal loan rates
BankSA personal loan purposes
You can borrow for almost any worthwhile purpose, and no, going to the casino and putting it all on black is not a worthwhile purpose.
Examples of common loan purposes BankSA will lend for:
BankSA personal loan approval time
If you’re an existing BankSA customer you may have applications approved and funded on the same day. For more complex applications approval times vary between 2 and 5 working days.
Do you have an BankSA personal loans calculator?
Yes. View the BankSA Personal Loans calculator.
BankSA personal loan application
If you’d like to apply online for an BankSA personal loan, visit BankSA’s website by clicking here.
BankSA’s personal loan eligibility criteria
Before you apply for a personal loan, be sure to understand and meet the BankSA’s lending criteria. Below is high-level overview of BankSA’s criteria:
BankSA personal loan requirements
- Minimum age of 18
- Earn a regular source of income
- An Australian citizen, permanent resident or have a valid visa (including 457 visa)
Information you’ll need to provide
Whether at the BankSA branch or online, make sure to have the following nearby:
- Proof of income. A verifiable and steady employment. You may be required to provide copies of your most recent pay slips and employer’s contact information
- A list of your assets, expenses and liabilities
- Driver’s licence (if you have one) or other valid forms of ID
Are you self-employed?
If you’re self-employed, you will also need to provide:
- Financial statements for the last year (no older than 18 months)
- Your most recent personal/business tax return (no older than 18 months)
Other things to keeping mind when applying with BankSA
- It’s advantageous to have a good credit history. For example, you have no recent defaults and no frequent requests for credit
- Credit cards with large credit limits are seen as liabilities, even if there’s nothing owing. If you have existing liabilities, be certain you can pay them off in addition to your BankSA personal loan
There are many additional factors BankSA consider when accessing your application, but the above are the most important. If you feel like you may not meet their eligibility criteria, it may be best to save!
BankSA personal loan application status
If you have already applied for an BankSA personal loan, you can check your application status by calling 13 13 76, 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Additional product information
BankSA minimum and maximum personal loan amounts
You can borrow between:
- $3,000 and $80,000 with a secured personal loan
- $3,000 and $50,000 with an unsecured personal loan
BankSA personal loan terms
Terms vary between 1 year and 7 years for the BankSA Unsecured Variable Rate Personal Loan.
All other loans have terms between 1 year and 5 years.
BankSA repayment schedule
BankSA allow weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayment.
BankSA personal loan redraw facility
BankSA’s Variable Rate Personal Loans gives you the option to make redraw additional payments you may have made. A $10 redraw fee applies.
Learn about BankSA’s and their mate the Piping Shrike
Why the Piping Shrike? Because it’s on their state flag. Good times. Read about the Piping Shrike on Wikipedia.
Other BankSA products
You can also review and compare:
Popular personal loans searches
View all search queries