BestFind.com.au provides factual information in relation to financial products. While
attempts to make a wide range of products and providers available, it may not cover all the
to you. Moreover, we cannot be responsible for changes made to this information by product
inaccurate information obtained from a product provider. All product information comes from the
provider or publicly available information and to the best of our knowledge is correct at time
The information published on BestFind.com.au is general in nature only and does not consider
objectives, financial situation or particular needs and is not recommending any particular
product to you. If you
decide to apply for a product you will be dealing directly with that provider and not with
BestFind.com.au recommends that you read the relevant PDS or offer documentation before taking
Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 6 months and 10 years. Comparison
interest rates vary between 6.55% and 19.07% p.a. Total interest repayments vary between
$4,290 and $14,531 over the life of the loan. *Comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan
of $30,000 for a term of 5 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the
examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan
amounts might result in a different comparison rate. These rates can change without further
notice. All rates quoted are per annum. For more information regarding fees click on "View
fees & additional info +" for each product or contact the provider.
Bankwest car loans – Choose flexible personal loan options
Bankwest car loans are a type of personal loan and a neat solution that gets you behind the wheel when you’re short on funds. Our guide touches on how this financial product works and how to apply.
Bankwest car loans: Quick Overview
- Loan amounts – $10,000 to $100,000
- Loan terms – 3 to 7 years
- Interest rate – 7.99% p.a.
- Interest rate type – Fixed
- Comparison rate – 8.34% p.a
How does a Bankwest secured car loan work?
With this option, you’ll have to provide collateral before you secure some funds. As to what Bankwest will accept, it’s either cars or motorcycles that are less than 7 years old or cars and motorcycles with a value of $10,000 or more. The loan also comes with some other beneficial features:
- Fixed repayments. With a fixed rate, you can lock in your repayments, so you never have to rework your budget. That means you can budget ahead of time to get an idea of the total cost of the loan.
- Flexible loan terms. Terms start from 3 years and close off at 7 years. So you have several options to choose from when it comes to repayment amounts. Our Bankwest car loan repayment calculator comes in handy if you want a quick estimate before you apply.
- Flexible repayment frequency. You can pick a repayment frequency that checks out with your income or pay cycle, whether that’s weekly, fortnightly, or monthly.
- Early repayments. You can also make additional repayments if your cash flow picks up along the way. Cutting your term short generally means you pay less overall, though penalty fees may apply.
- Redraw facility. Extra repayments that you hand over can always circle back to you with an online redraw facility.
- Multi-purpose funds. Bankwest car loans deliver funds you can also put to work for other purposes. Besides buying a vehicle, and as long as you provide security, you can consolidate debt, renovate your home, or take a holiday.
What fees do I have to pay?
Aside from interest, you also have to cover some or all of the following borrowing costs:
- Ongoing monthly maintenance fees – $5
- Early repayment fees – if you exit the loan in the first 12 months you pay $250. If it’s between 13-24 months, the charge goes down to $100
You should, however, note that these fees and charges are subject to change. But you could always check your contract to get an accurate breakdown of all costs involved before applying.
How does a Bankwest unsecured personal loan work?
You can also use a Bankwest unsecured personal loan to buy a vehicle if you’re unwilling to provide security. However, without collateral, the interest rate and costs are a bit inflated. For instance, you’ll have to pay an interest rate of 10.99% p.a. Additionally, your borrowing capacity goes down a few sizes since the maximum amount is $50,000.
On the flip side, the loan is also handy when you’ve other pressing or urgent needs. With a minimum amount of $3,000, you can borrow just enough to pay off some debts or cover home and car repairs. Alternatively, you can still go big and plan for your wedding or holiday trip.
How to apply for Bankwest car loans
To apply for a Bankwest car loan online, take the first step by scrolling up to our comparison table at the top of this page. Second, click the “Go to Site” button for the product you want. Once the application page is open, you’re all set up.
To be eligible, you must be a permanent Australian resident, at least 18 years old, and earning a regular income of over $20,000 per year. You’ll also need the following at the ready:
- Two identity documents – driver’s licence, Medicare card, passport, or birth certificate
- Employment details
- Details about your income, assets, expenses, and other credit accounts
BankWest was initially a project of the WA Government meant to address the agricultural sector’s financial needs. The institution’s history goes as far back as 120 years or 1895. Today, after a few name changes, Bankwest is now a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, one of the largest providers of financial services in the country.
Popular car loan searches
View all popular car loans searches